Monday 22 March 2010

Enjoy the silence

Not only is the Depeche Mode classic, circa 199o (revamped by Tori Amos) on my playlist for this book, but it’s also what I’m trying to do this week (ha ha -see what I'm doing with my clever post title here?). The daughters break up for Easter on Friday and while I love their company, I’m going to miss the chance to be alone with my characters.

Finally it’s coming together. I’m writing, and I’m loving what I’m writing (although that could be because I haven't got time to do much re-reading). The one remaining question, of course, is WHY THE HELL DID IT HAVE TO TAKE SO FLAMING LONG? Answers on a postcard please.

4 comments:

Kaz19 said...

You're a perfectionist, and as reader I appreciate your efforts, that's why it took so long.
However long you take to write a book, is fine by me.
xx Karen

Rachel said...

Easter hols?! Had me in a bit of a panic there but phew, mine don't break up until next week.

It's brilliant to hear the book is coming together, but how could it not with you in charge of proceedings, oh great one?

I do hope the easter bunny is going to reward you massively for all this effort. What are you hoping for? I had a couple of lumps of Green & Black's espresso dark chocolate today. For medicinal purposes obviously. T'was astonishingly good and far too sophisticated for the children. And good for my heart. Or something like that.

Keep at it!

Lots of love,

Rach.
XXX

Abby Green said...

I second Kaz19 - genius can't be rushed darling!
xx

Unknown said...

Karen, you're so sweet, and you always know just the right thing to say. (And Abby too. Only you have to because if you don't I'll post photos of you in your pyjamas on here.)

Rach, how come you get an extra week? (wondering if I can relocate to Hampshire over the weekend) Frankly I'll take anything the easter bunny has in his basket - I've definitely reached the stage where quantity is more important than quality. In most areas of my life, actually...