Tuesday 10 June 2008

Normal service will be resumed soon...



Sorry to have been so flaky recently in blog terms, but life has been totally crazy. The book is finished and the tweaks minimal, but I’ve also been doing birthday-celebrationy type things, going to London to spend the day with my lovely editor, and living it up at the opening of the Mills & Boon exhibition in Manchester library.


It’s a really cooool exhibition, and we had a great evening with Kate Walker and the BM, Annie Burrows and her lovely husband, a big crowd from the Richmond offices, and two hugely charming Mills & Boon ‘heroes’. (Obviously, being me I was far too busy holding a wine glass to take any photos...) As always, we were the last to leave and had to be virtually thrown out, but I did manage to sweet talk one of the people who was desperately trying to clean up all around us into giving me one of the exhibition posters, pictured above.

I feel a competition coming on....

4 comments:

Eva said...

Oooh, how exciting! The exhibition sounds fascinating. Too bad I didn't make the trip...sigh.

Congratulations on finishing the book and the tweaks, and good for you for partying it up.

annie burrows said...

I made the mistake of handing my camera to my (lovely) husband, knowing I would be too busy with my own wine glass. And what happened?
He was far 2 busy enjoying himself talking to your husband to take any photos either!
But it was a great night,
luv
Annie Burrows

Anonymous said...

India,

It was fun seeing the pix of you on iheartpresents! Looks like everyone had a lovely time.

Mary

Unknown said...

Thanks Eva-- though the exhibition is just one reason why you should have come over! I miss our coffee and chocolate days!

Annie-- husbands. What can you do with them? You bring them along to park the car and take photos, and it all goes the shape of the pear when they start enjoying themselves...

Mary, thanks so much for letting me know that was up. Life's been so frantic recently I haven't been doing my usual blog visits (or emails-- sorry everyone!) that I hadn't seen it. 'Leo' was so lovely-- can you tell what a fun evening it was?!